Rehabilitation following Meniscal Repair
Please follow general instructions following Knee Arthroscopy ( refer to handout).
In addition, and to override all other instructions:
- Non weight bearing on operative leg using crutches for four weeks following surgery.
- Unloaded active and passive knee movement between 0-60 degrees for the first 2 weeks.
- Unloaded active and passive knee flexion from 0-90 degrees from 2-4 weeks.
- Start weight bearing gradually from 4 weeks post op
- Loaded knee flexion to 60 degrees only for 4-8 weeks
- No loaded knee flexion past 90 degrees for 4 months
- No "propping" sports for 6 months
You may be advised to wear a hinged knee brace depending on your individual circumstances.
Please make an appointment to see your physiotherapist and begin within the first week following your procedure.
Ensure you have a follow up appointment with Dr Astori, to be arranged be contacting the surgery on (07) 3010 5733.