What do I bring to my first appointment?
Our team is committed to ensuring that your appointments are as helpful as possible. To ensure that we can assist you to the best of our ability, please bring the following to your first appointment:
- The referral from your doctor
- Any X-rays, MRIs, ultrasounds or pathology results relating to your condition
- A list of your current medications
- Any questions you have relating to your condition or possible treatment
- Your Medicare card and Veteran's Affairs card (if applicable)
- Your private health fund details (if applicable)
- WorkCover patients must bring in the name, address and telephone number of your insurer along with your current claim number. If you have not got obtained a claim number prior to your first appointment you are responsible for paying the consultation fee on the day of your appointment.
During your first appointment Dr Astori will ask questions about your condition , medical history and perform a physical examination. He will then review any xrays you have provided. It may still be necessary to order further investigations to provide a full and complete diagnosis or ensure the treatment prescribed is correct. This may mean you will need to return for a second visit. Every effort is made to be as efficient as possible throughout this phase of your treatment.
The treatment recommended may be non surgical ( physiotherapy , medication etc) or surgical. Further details will be provided depending on your treatment.